Medical Terminology – 5 September
Program Overview :
The study of medical terminology introduces students to the language of medicine. Students will gain an understanding of basic elements, rules of building and analyzing medical words, and medical terms associated with the body as a whole. Utilizing a systems-approach, the student will define, interpret, and pronounce medical terms relating to structure and function, pathology, diagnosis, clinical procedures, oncology, and pharmacology. In addition to medical terms, common abbreviations applicable to each system will be interpreted.
- Name the various body systems and identify their basic components and functions
- Recognize basic medical terms
- Define vital signs and learn the difference between strong and weak vital signs
- Learn the difference between signs and symptoms of a disease
- Determine the care needed by identifying the meaning of the word root
- Recognize anatomic position and identifying bodily directions
- Recognize and define terms related to the abdominal cavity and peritoneum
- Become familiar with planes of the body
- Recognize divisions and regions of the abdomen, thorax and peritoneum
- Describe a location on the body based on descriptive orientation terms
- Managers and employees working in the health sector.